- Thermal/Infrared Testing
- Time of Flight Diffraction
- Phased Array
- Guided Wave UT Training
- Automated Ultrasonic Testing
Phased Array (PA) Level 2
Phased Array is an advanced pulse-echo technique that utilizes multiple miniaturized transducers and time-delays to shape the ultrasonic sound beam to a desired angle and focus. The versatility of the system permits simultaneous views of different presentations, such as sectoral views as well as A Scan, B-Scan C-Scan representations In comparison with manual pulse-echo techniques, the advantages of Phased Array testing are its excellent repeatability, increased inspection speed, more accurate results and the ability to inspect complex geometries and to visualize indications in welds and/or base materials using B, C, D and S scans (with all A-scans included). Moreover, Phased Array allows the digital storage of all data, location and system settings, and is very much safer to operate within a working environment, compared with Non-Destructive Testing methods that use X-rays and gamma-rays for detecting imperfection
This course follows the British Institute of NDT & ASNT - Level II Phased Array syllabus and is designed to take the experienced NDT technician though the fundamentals of Phased Arrays, including Principles, Digitization and History of Phases Arrays, supported by a series of lab applications that will have the end user proficient with the Phased Array process, encoding scans, compiling groups and basic interpretation.
We can provide Phased Array Training courses and examinations suitable for the following certification scheme.
- SNT-TC-1A in accordance with your/our company written practice
An example of the syllabus that is used for Phased Array training courses is shown below for Level 2. Decibel can tailor make the syllabus to satisfy the requirements of an individual’s company specific written practice if requested.
Key Syllabus Topics - Level II1. Principles of phased array probes
- Array of piezo electric elements
- Control of beam shape and angle
- Fundamental principles of probe performance and design
- Reference reflectors
- Sensitivity to mis-aligned defects
- Control panel including input and output sockets
- Block diagram of internal circuit modules
- Swept beams
- Linear scans
- Fixed beam scans
- Line scans - raster scans
- Checking probe elements
- Beam angles and offsets/index point
- Beam shape
- File structure
- Basic interface and windows options or panes
- Status bar
- Setup parameters
- Inspection sequence - tabs: sequence and encoder settings
- UT settings - tabs: acquisition, probe, configuration etc.
- Data acquisition controls and protocol
- Acquisition toolbar
- Online view of data presentation
- Analysis mode
- Principles of data collection and interpretation
- Flaw detection and characterization.
- Define scanning plans, patterns and parameters
- Implement inspections, save data and interpret Phased Array images with a view to identifying the position, size and type of the indication
- The technician should leave the course with a sound understanding of Phased Arrays
- The technician will be able to carry out basic operations functions, including calibration, detection and Identification of indications
- The technician, with dedicated application will be able to apply code compliant examinations to welded components
Candidates with good knowledge over Ultrasonic Testing & its application may enroll towards this program, if the interested candidates doesn’t have enough knowledge over Ultrasonic Testing and it’s practical application, those candidates may initially enroll towards Practical Ultrasonic Testing/ Specialization in A- Scan UT program conducted at Decibel and after that they can enroll towards this program.
Who Should Attend
NDT Level 2 Technicians, NDT Level 3’s, NDT Managers, NDT engineers, Quality Control Engineers, Inspection Engineers, Maintenance Engineers etc…
Course Fee & Duration:
the respective Area office for fee details.
News & Events :
Admission for NDT Level 2 Courses at our NDT Institute Kerala is under progress Read more...
Decibel Training & Examination Center - Asia's Largest Center for QA/QC Certification Courses for Engineers & Diploma Holders Read more...
NDT Courses at Various Locations in Kerala by Decibel Ndt Training Institute Kerala Read more...
International Oilfield QA/QC Courses for Mechanical Engineers available at Decibel Kerala & Tamil Nadu Read more...
Admission towards QA/QC Course for Mechanical Engineers are under Progress....... Rush Immediately only limited seats available. Read more...
Admission Towards JANUARY, FEBRUARY, MARCH Batches of Quality Control Engineer (C.Q.C) Started in Kerala Regional Office- I Read more...
PCN-Welding Inspector Level 2 Admission Continues Read more...
Admission towards PCN-NDT Ultrasonic Testing 3.1 & 3.2 Started in Decibel Kerala..... Read more...
Time of Flight Diffraction & Phased Array ( TOFD & PA ) Level 2 Courses Available Monthly at Decibel NDT Institute Kerala. Read more...
Advanced Quality Engineering Courses Available at Decibel Kerala - Contact Regional Office for more details... Read more...
Senior Certified Quality Controller Level 2 Courses Available at Decibel Kerala- interested candidates contact regional office. Read more...
Admission Towards PCN -Welding Inspector Courses Under Progress - Interested Candidates may register your seats by contacting De Read more...
Decibel Invites Applications from Interested Parties for Becoming Franchise of Decibel's Training Division in Various Locations Read more...